A mildly sweet street dessert that is deep fried, made of glutinous rice flour and coated with caramelised sugar and sesame seeds.
- 2 ¼ Cups of Glutinous Rice Flour / Sweet Rice Flour
- ¼ Cup of Rice Flour
- 1 ⅓ Cups of Coconut Milk
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 ½ tbsp of Palm Sugar Melted
- 1 ½ Cups of Palm Sugar / Granulated Sugar
- ½ Cup of Water
- 3 tbsp of Sesame Seeds
- Roll the dough and make them into ring shapes.
- Heat oil over medium high heat around 150c.
- Keep turning the ring in the hot oil, until they go brown around 15-30mins then pick them all up.
- Heat the pot until it gets hot to 50-80c.
- Then put palm sugar in, and keep stirring until it gets brown. Keep the heat low and keep stirring until it gets sticky.
- Then scoop it up on spread on the dough ring and springles the sesame seeds in the dough rings.
Recipe by: Neal Khmer Cakes
About the Chef:
Having learnt the craft of making Khmer desserts from his mother, Neal Theara is well familiar in making traditional cakes. Working together with Ms. Yeng, who has 20 years of experience, Neal Khmer Cakes has made and distributed over 10 000 different types of traditional cakes and desserts.
Social media handles: